Tuesday, July 7, 2009

ALA Conference Planning

I found the time to use the ALA Conference Planner! Whoo hoo! It's available on the ALA website, and allows attendees to create a calendar of events they are attending. At first it was a little awkward, but I quickly found that typing one keyword was the best way to pull up the programs I'm most interested in. Once I'm all finished, I can download the plan in comma-delineated format, which I plan to open and print in Excel. I imagine that along with a map of the conference locations, it'll be my Bible throughout the show.

I can see how the conference can be pretty hectic -- not only do I have several programs I'd like to attend, but there's also special author events, poster sessions, and the like to keep in mind... never mind the networking / getting in touch with distant friends part. Only a couple days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment