Thursday, July 9, 2009

All checked in

Good times -- I've met Kathy M. from OITP, who gave me a work schedule and asked me to go ahead and set up their table in the ALA "office" area. They have some super-cool handouts on the table pertaining to copyright law and net neutrality, so come on by, folks! Our stuff includes a copyright wheel thing that explains conditions for reproduction in a variety of situations. It really is neat stuff. Really. I'm not just saying that.

Tomorrow I'm going to attend an OITP Advisory Committee meeting so I have a chance to hear what they are about and meet the entire staff. Plus, Kathy put my name on the list for lunch, which was super nice. :-) Then we'll set up the "Lucy Booth" where all your copyright questions will be answered on Saturday and Sunday. I have my own copyright questions to ask, so I'm pretty excited about that.

After that I have a totally free Friday, so I'm starting to brainstorm how I'd like to spend my afternoon. So many choices... What will she do? Tune in to find out.

My work schedule on Sat-Sun is fortunately relatively open, so I should have an opportunity to go to most of the programs I noted as sounding interesting -- mostly digital library stuff. Monday is my big workday, with a couple of big meetings to set up. Fortunately I do get to sleep in that day, and after the meetings is an awards ceremony with food and a cash bar. I am encouraged to attend. Whoo hoo!

Added to all this, I'm excited that so many people from FSU are in Chicago this weekend. The FSU Alumni shindig is Sunday evening, and I'm really looking forward to saying hello to everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment