Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday night shenanigans

I did go to Filene's Basement and got some excellent stuff, including an absolutely fabulous Free People wool sweater that I will love, love, love, come wintertime in New Hampshire. It's fabulous. And I feel a little country bumpkin again, because I really have to say I really enjoyed just being able to look at and touch the Dolce and Gabbana dress (clearance, $600)... and all the other absolutely scrumptious designer stuff. Still out of my price range, even at Filene's... but soooo pretty. The trench coat with the flowers on it made my day, even if I couldn't take it home.

After my shopping marathon and stopping at the drugstore for a snack, I went back to the hotel to chill out and examine my schedule. I will be busy busy busy for the next few days, I can tell you that. Looks like I can go to at least two sessions specifically about digital libraries, and one about copyright, so that's pretty good considering I have to also work in my OITP duties. The Digital Library Showcase is at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. So early! But I do really want to go so I guess I'll just make myself do it.

My grad school friend Leo arrived and we went to one of the hotel bars for a beer and caught up; perfect timing after my shopping! He's miraculously in the same hotel I'm staying in.  And, then, it's amazing how many FSU students/grads are here -- Michele and Karen called me to see if I wanted to go out for pizza, and Steve wants to go out later for beer. Yes, these conferences really are all about the catching up and the networking. So fun! Looks like I'll have a good evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment