Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last-Minute Recommendations

It just occurred to me, I do have recommendations that other people should keep in mind. Including myself, for the next time I do a conference this enormous.

a) Give yourself twice as much time to do things as you think you'll need. 
b) Have a backup plan for every event. Program full or canceled? Have an alternative planned out.
c) Keep your cell phone charged and biz cards someplace really convenient (mine were in my nametag)
d) Eavesdrop. (This tip is for you, not me -- I always do that anyway). It's amazing what you learn about just by listening to other conversations.
e) Remain flexible!

Also, everyone always says to find out where the free food is, and that's true. Chicago is expensive and it got really old eating at the Subway, Qdoba, etc. type of places (hence my delicious $20 bagel on Monday). I also kept breakfast bars in my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment