Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chicago: First Impressions

I've been to Chicago only once, for basically one day, half of which I spent in the Art Institute Museum. So, first impressions:

Chicago Midway airport: Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I really think the word "toilet" on all the airport signage could be substituted with an appropriate euphemism.

Shuttle ride from airport to hotel can hold, and did, up to 10 librarians, 7 of whom were overweight, middle-aged white women. Just an observation!

Chicago Hyatt lobby is very, very impressive. I felt just a tad country bumpkin walking in there.

About to take the long walk down Michigan Ave/Lake Shore Drive to the convention center. Hoping to grab a quick lunch on the way, and possibly pop into a couple of shops on the way back. More updates to come this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment